99.1 WQRT LPFM Radio – (part of the Garfield Park Creative Community) from Big Car Collaborative on Vimeo.
99.1 WQRT LPFM is a non-commercial, experimental on-air home for contemporary art, music, and community. Licensed by the FCC with a reach of most of the city of Indianapolis, Indiana (500,000+ people), WQRT is owned and managed by Big Car Collaborative — a nonprofit arts organization and cross-discipline collective of artists. With the help of volunteers, we broadcast from Listen Hear — our sound-art space and audio studio in the Garfield Park neighborhood.
WQRT focuses on volunteer supported radio shows, community partnerships, and educational programming to bring forward local voices to discuss music, art, community and culture.
Online streaming is available 24/7 on www.wqrt.org
-Area of Coverage for WQRT-
* LP (low-power) means that this is a short but impressive terrestrial radio signal traveling on the airwaves. WQRT is designed to reach our local community and to be small on purpose. With the added bonus of streaming worldwide, by popular demand. We’re looking forward to learning and growing together in creative ways.
The entire 24/7 broadcast can now be live-streamed from computers and smartphones for your listening pleasure outside of the Indianapolis area. The embedded free audio player is displayed on the front page of WQRT’s website.
While the music rolls, you’ll notice that we’re adding more educational, cultural and community programming. As it ramps up, we hope that it will include YOU. Contact us if you’d like to be involved, become a sponsor or underwriter, or have ideas to share.
Our radio programming; the station features a variety of musical genres for a diverse listening crowd on a consistent daily schedule:
- Rhinestone Country: classic country for walkin’ after midnight and sitting in rush hour traffic
- (Overnight) 10pm to 8am | Mondays through Fridays
- (Overnight)11am to 10am | Sunday
- In the Gnosis: ambient, experimental, and classical
- 8am to 11am | Mondays through Fridays
- Circle Sounds: An atmospheric soundtrack to SPARK on the Circle. find out more info at circlespark.org
- 11am to 2 pm | Mondays through Fridays
- Soul Glow: old school R&B, soul, funk, jazz
- 2pm to 4pm | Mondays through Fridays
- Cruise Control: big time mix of local bands, rock, hip hop, electronic & more
- 4pm to 10pm | Mondays through Fridays
- Saturday Volunteer Block: as many locally curated shows as we can fit in, mixed with soul, rock & hip hop
- 8am to 12am | Saturdays
- Ambient and Classical: mix of ambient and experimental relaxing music
- 12am to 11am | Sundays
Shows and DJs
WQRT also hosts an exciting array of community programming and local volunteer DJs including:
- Flick Fix by Anne Laker: get your flick fix with Anne Laker and guests as they muse on movies new and old.
- Local Music Hour by Musical Family Tree: Local non-profit spotlighting musicians, interviews, and events across Indiana.
- Inter-Dimensional Music by Daniel Chamberlin: heavy music for mellow people that travels from yin to yang and back again.
- Mass Exodus by Joel Adams: pulsating rhythms for the drive home with your host who’s lived it all.
- Jazz Perspective by Ralph Adams: let Ralph guide you through America’s great art form honoring legends and more.
- A Vagrant Hum by Pete Iverson: you’re on a less-travelled path to music that is strange, wonderful, and obscure.
- The Purple Crown Show by Mr. Kinetic: get a solid dose of multigenerational funky soul music featuring album cuts, and gems.
- Club Plex Radio: Indianapolis’ main source of underground dance music
- Design Minded by Lee Alig and Steve Mannheimer: exploring how design impacts our physical environment and quality of life.
- Chreece Radio: the Indianapolis Hip Hop festival is now on the airwaves playing nothing but Indiana Hip Hop and R&B.
- Create Hear by Big Car Collaborative: local artists and curators interviewed about exhibits hosted at Big Car Campus
- And More…
Spotify – WQRT/Big Car Collaborative
Facebook – WQRT Page
Instagram – WQRTFM Page
Mixcloud – WQRT Shows Archive
Twitter – WQRT Page
You can see the full programming schedule and read about community productions here.
For more information on Volunteering, Underwriting, or Programming
visit us at www.wqrt.org