Title: WQRT Partnership, Promotion & Underwriting Coordinator
Reports to: Station Manager & Big Car Leadership Team
Status: Contract, hourly
Supported by the Indy Arts and Culture Restart & Resilience Fund: An Arts Council of Indianapolis program made possible by Lilly Endowment Inc., this contract-based project manager will coordinate, facilitate, and co-lead WQRT’s efforts to sustain and expand operations of the nonprofit, community-arts focused FM radio station. 99.1 FM WQRT-LP is a non-commercial, experimental on-air home for contemporary art, music, and community. Licensed by the FCC with a reach of most of the city of Indianapolis, Indiana (500,000+ people), WQRT is owned and managed by Big Car Collaborative — a nonprofit arts organization and cross-discipline collective of artists. With the help of volunteers, we broadcast from Listen Hear — our sound-art space and audio studio in the Garfield Park neighborhood.
This new staff member will be hired as a contract-based, part-time consultant for 12 months (with the potential for ongoing employment and expanded hours with available funding).
- Underwriting sales and program expansion
- Sponsorships (bringing in corporate and philanthropic sponsors)
- Partnerships with other arts organizations for on-air content and other opportunities
- Digital platforms and distribution to help expand reach and monetize shows
- Marketing and social media to further awareness of the station and its content
- Project task management, tracking progression, and follow up
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills in digital file organization, communication, detail-oriented work
- Interest and general knowledge and background in music, art, culture, and society
- Basic skills/experience with Microsoft Office, email, Google Drive, etc.
- Appreciation of Big Car and WQRT’s mission and work environment
- Knowledge of social media and marketing (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Great communication (writing and speaking) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking and community engagement
- Willingness to help others and ask for help when needed
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a variety of tasks and changes each day
- Must be amenable to a non-traditional workplace in a co-working environment