Sat & Sun, October 22-23 1-5 PM on Monument Circle
Big Car Collaborative in partnership with Downtown Indy, Inc. are bringing Circle Spark Fest on Monument Circle and are seeking artists to participate.
400 to 600 guests are expected at the following event, the majority of which are downtown for work, and a good number of downtown residents as well. A required Vendor Submission Form is Due September 29 @ 12pm.
Event: Circle Spark Fest
Location: SW Quad of Monument Circle (in front of Emmis)
Parking: Provided (1 vehicle per artist) on Monument Circle on the SE and NW quad curb lane.
Event Time: 1:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Load-in Time: 11 am
Load-out Completion: 9 pm
- We will require a $50 refundable deposit for artists to participate once accepted. Artisan vendors will be refunded their full deposit upon attendance.
- Artists must provide their own setup (which could include a 10×10 tent, table, chairs, signage, etc.)
- A signed Services Agreement that Downtown Indy, Inc. will need returned at least 48 hours prior to event
Big Car Collaborative and Downtown Indy, Inc. will provide:
- 1- (12×12) space along the curb lane or the inner part of the SW quad of The Circle
- Access to electrical outlet for $10 fee (limited number available)
- Overall logistics/event management
- Police officers to close the SW quad of the Circle
- Overnight security of vendor booths
- Port-o-lets and handwashing stations
- 1 parking space per artist
- Liability insurance for vendors
- Marketing and promotion of event (vendors will be required to market their participation of the event, Big Car and Downtown Indy will NOT promote any single vendor)
- Live music, games, and artist-led activities
Circle Spark Fest is open to all individual artists and artisans over 18 years of age living in central Indiana, but preference will be given to those living in downtown Indianapolis. All artwork must be original art or fine craft and made by the artist/s and/or artisan/s present at the event. We define “fine craft” as functional objects such as unique one of a kind ceramics, jewelry, etc. and also include creative functional non-art objects such as artisan made soaps, clothing, etc. Imported or commercially made objects will not be accepted.
All 2D and 3D media are welcome. However, due to the nature and timing of the event, it is recommended that all items are offered in an accessible size and priced relative to the environment ranging from the low end of $5 to a median $50 and higher end between $150 and $250.
Artists/Artisans will be selected based upon the quality and uniqueness of their work as well as its appropriateness for a variety of downtown audiences.
- This form will take 5-10 minutes to fill out if you have your upload materials ready.
- Via the online form, applicants are to submit 5 images depicting examples of the artwork/fine craft they intend to sell at Circle Spark Fest as well as an (optional) photo of their booth set up.
- You will be notified by October 3 if you’ve been selected to be a featured artist/artisan for the Fest.
Wednesday, September 29th by noon: Application Deadline
October 3: All artists/artisans are notified whether or not they have been accepted into Circle Spark Fest. Those accepted will receive further instruction on load in that they have been chosen and will be given further instruction on load-in and parking.
By Friday, October 14th: All required documents must be returned.
More information about the organizers of Circle Spark Fest:
With SPARK on the Circle in 2022, the artist-led cultural and community organization, Big Car Collaborative, is teaming up with Downtown Indy and the City of Indianapolis to spark downtown with free, human-scale activities like playing games, enjoying live music, making art, and socializing in a comfortable place to take it easy, spend time together, and enjoy our city. SPARK activities are free for everyone to enjoy.