Applications for Power Plant Grants open Friday, May 5. These are $10,000 project grants for visual artists residing in Indianapolis for new public-facing art projects with a strong visual component.
The Power Plant Grant program for 2023-24 will provide grants in the amount of $60,000 total. Ten individual artists, art collectives, and/or artist-run spaces will receive cash grants of $10,000 each, for the creation and presentation of new work/projects with a strong visual component. Artists with ongoing projects or practices are welcome to apply,providing the application proposes significant evolution or adaptation that will open up new directions in the work – even if for only one year.
Applications for this round are due by July 10, 2023.
Click the apply button above to get started. And see our FAQs for more information.
TIMELINE FOR Power Plant Grants 2023-2024:
- Friday, May 5 – Application opens
- Monday, June 5, 7-8 pm — Virtual information session. Register here.
- Monday, June 26, 7-8 pm — Information session (in-person)
- Monday, July 10 – Applications close online, at 11.59 PM EST
- Friday, August 11 – All applications notified if they will proceed to the final round
- Saturday, August 26, 9:30 am – 6 pm — Artists’ presentations at the Selection Panel meeting in Indianapolis*
- Monday, August 28 – Award recipients notified
- Monday, September 18 – Public Announcement of 2023-24 Awards
Supported projects may include visual art, performance, film screenings, video, new media, writing, public programming, social practice and interdisciplinary projects. Performing artists and writers are eligible to apply, but all work should include a compelling visual component, and performers/authors are encouraged to form collaborations with visual artists to achieve this end.
You can view the guidelines, FAQ’s, and previously awarded projects on www.powerplantgrant.org
Power Plant grants are facilitated by the nonprofit arts organization, Big Car Collaborative and are made possible by funding from the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts.